Millimeter wave 60GHz and 71-86GHz radios pave the way to 10Gbps Performance
Salem, NH February 17, 2016: The global point to point (PTP) radio market increased by 17% in 2014, according to the latest report from EJL Wireless Research titled “Global Digital PTP Radio Market Analysis and Forecast, 2015-2020 11th Edition.” “PTP radios will remain a key technology for mobile and non-mobile applications as the industry enters the era of multi-Gbps throughput capacities, offering a compelling and cost effective solution against copper and fiber backhaul. We are a firm believer that millimeter wave technology will drive new market opportunities and growth outside of mobile networks for the PTP Radio industry,” says founder and President, Earl Lum. EJL Wireless Research is forecasting that the PTP radio market will see a choppy outlook through 2020 with 4% growth expected in 2016.
Some key and notable facts from the analysis include:
- 60GHz radio market forecast exceeds 200,000 units by 2020 with a CAGR of 109%
- 71-86GHz radio shipments will increase to nearly 100,000 units by 2020 with a CAGR of 11%
- India will remain the largest country for PTP radio shipments through 2020
- Europe will remain the largest region for PTP radio shipments through 2020
- Radio upgrades supporting IEEE 1588v2 TC technology are a key driver for shipments over the forecasted period
- Radio capacity upgrades supporting LTE, LTE-Advanced, and LTE-Advanced Pro macrocell site backhaul are a key driver for shipments during the forecasted period
“Ericsson, NEC, and Huawei Technologies remain the Tier 1 suppliers within the industry,” says Lum.
The report provides a unique perspective on the global shipments and demand for PTP radio equipment covering major radio vendors including Alcatel-Lucent, Aviat Networks, Ceragon Networks, DragonWave, Ericsson, Huawei Technologies, Intracom Telecom, NEC, SIAE Microelettronica, Siklu Communication, and ZTE.